Having a wedding reception is what the newly married couple mostly awaits for. And the relatives, dear ones and friends, put in all their efforts and love to make it lovely, enchanting and the most memorable one. No doubt, it is the most anticipated event for everyone.
1. So getting dressed up for wedding reception is looked forward by everyone. And when it comes to ladies, getting dressed up for the occasion is all about the impression. You do not want to dress too flashy for the event where you will feel odd. Secondly, you do not want to dress too simple and plain. Following, let us discuss some handy tips about how you should dress up for the special occasion:
2. See what the invitation says. If it is a formal invitation, you need to wear a formal full length evening gown. However, if it is a casual gathering, you can definitely try out to go for the cocktail dresses that are of knee length.
3. See whether the gathering is happening indoor or outdoor. If it is a ballroom venue, better to take out your mermaid style gowns or ball dresses that will look truly amazing. On the other hand, if the wedding reception is in a garden, wearing an A-line dress or a bare shoulder cocktail dress will make you look sensual.
4. Also, keep the weather in your consideration, as well. If it is too chilly or even forecasted to be cold, carry a coat that goes well with your dress and make you look elegant.
5. The colors that are in nowadays for dresses that can be worn on wedding reception are aqua, teak, metallic silver, lemon yellow, olive green, etc. However, look which color suits your skin complexion.
6. Refrain from dressing too casually. Wearing jeans, polo shirts, T-shirts, khakis are a no-no for wedding receptions. On the other hand, if the theme or the married couple suggests a causal theme in the invitation, then wearing something casual isnt a crime.
Do not wear dresses that are way too loud or have heavy patterns because they may make you stand out from the rest, but not in a good way. Avoid being the center of attention for all the wrong reasons.
These tips will help you greatly in making your mind for what to wear at wedding receptions. However, use your creativity and individual style and I am sure you will be the highlight of the event for sure.